The portfolio comprises the following agencies:
The portfolio comprises the following portfolio bodies:
- Anti-Dumping Commission - The Anti-Dumping Commission investigates alleged dumping and subsidisation of goods imported into Australia and imposes duties to address material injury to the Australian industry that manufactures similar or the same goods. The work of the Commission complies with rules of the World Trade Organization and Australian legislation.
- Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) - ARENA was established by the Australian Government to make renewable energy solutions more affordable and increase the amount of renewable energy used in Australia.
- Australian Workforce and Productivity Agency (AWPA) - AWPA is an independent statutory body that provides advice to the government on Australia's current, emerging and future workforce skills needs and workforce development needs.
- Chief Scientist and Office of the Chief Scientist - The Chief Scientist of Australia provides high-level independent advice to government on matters relating to science, technology and innovation. The Office of the Chief Scientist supports the Chief Scientist in his role.
- National Advisory for Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment (NATESE) - NATESE is a support structure for the key advisory councils of the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Standing Council on Tertiary Education, Skills and Employment (SCOTESE).
The portfolio comprises prescribed agency:
- Geoscience Australia - Geoscience Australia provides geoscientific advice and information to the Australian Government to support it to deliver its priorities.
- IP Australia - IP Australia is the prescribed government agency responsible for administering Australia's intellectual property (IP) system in the form of patents, trade marks, designs and plant breeder's rights; and contributes to bilateral and multilateral negotiations to improve IP protection internationally.