Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practitioner Scholarships Programme
Round 4 the LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme is now CLOSED.
Information regarding the outcomes for Round 4 is expected to be announced in April 2014.
Please monitor this web site for information regarding future rounds.
The Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Practitioner Scholarships Programme (the Programme) seeks to assist in addressing skill shortages in the adult LLN field in Australia by increasing the number of qualified LLN practitioners, particularly in regional areas. The Programme provides a scholarship of up to $5,250 to successful applicants to support them in undertaking approved study toward an adult LLN practitioner qualification commencing in the academic year following the application round.
The Programme is targeted at:
- new entrants (individuals with no prior qualifications as teachers or trainers) who wish to gain an adult LLN qualification and work in the field;
- vocational trainers wishing to gain an adult LLN specialisation and work in the field; and
- individuals with prior relevant training (eg generalist teachers) wishing to add an adult LLN specialisation with the intention of working in the field.
Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply.
Suitable adult LLN practitioner qualifications that would constitute an approved course of study may be delivered in either the vocational education and training sector or the higher education sector, and must:
- be accredited under the Australian Qualifications Framework; and
- include a specialisation in adult LLN teaching.
Courses delivered in the vocational education and training sector must be provided by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) whose scope of registration covers the LLN practitioner qualification.
- The fourth application round under the Programme is now closed.
The LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme Guidelines set out the requirements for the delivery of LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme.
These Guidelines replace all previous versions of LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme Guidelines. The Guidelines form part of the Programme’s Scholarship Agreement. Where the Scholarship Agreement is inconsistent with the Guidelines, the Scholarship Agreement takes priority over the Guidelines.
The Department of Industry reserves the right to amend the Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Frequently Asked Questions document answers some common questions about the LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme. If you have a question that is not on this list, please contact Start Grow Run viathe LLN Practitioner Scholarships Programme via:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (02) 6102 8950
Department of Industry,
Skilled Pathways Section
GPO Box 9839
Canberra ACT 2601