Literacy and numeracy programs and initiatives
- Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) - provides up to 510 hours of free English language tuition to eligible migrants and humanitarian entrants to help them learn basic English language and settlement skills to enable them to confidently participate in Australian society.
- Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) - about the framework, which describes levels of performance in five core skills: learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy.
- Core Skills for Work Developmental Framework (CSfW) - about the CSfW, which describes a set of non-technical skills, knowledge and understandings that underpin successful participation in work.
- Foundation Skills Assessment Tool (FSAT) - the department is developing an interactive online Foundation Skills Assessment Tool (FSAT) to identify and measure an individual’s foundation skill levels.
- Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practitioner (LLN) Scholarships Program - aims to increase the number of qualified LLN practitioners, particularly in regional areas.
- LiteracyNet – key information about adult literacy activities and related links.
- Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program - assists job seekers with language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) training.
- The Reading Writing Hotline - about the hotline evaluation and information about the hotlines services for adults seeking English language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) information, advice.
- Workplace English Language and Literacy (WELL) - assists organisations to train their workers.