WELL Resource and Strategic Projects
The Department of Industry is not currently accepting or processing applications or requests for funding extensions for the Workplace English Language and Literacy program, while the Government is reviewing funding arrangements ahead of the Federal Budget in May 2014.
The Australian Government is working to deliver an Industry led skills and training system. The VET reforms are focussed on ensuring Industry has a skills system that is responsive, streamlined and outcome driven. The Government is committed to skills and training delivering jobs and productivity, not training for training sake.
WELL Resource projects are for the development and trialling of:
- Training materials that aim to improve language, literacy and numeracy skills that are aligned with recognised Training packages
- Industry relevant language, literacy and numeracy assessment and reporting methods, and
- Professional development resources for industry trainers/assessors aligned with Training packages.
WELL Strategic projects need to have national scope and involve strategic activities to support ongoing and cost effective workplace English, language, literacy and numeracy training across one or more industry sector.
Priority areas include:
- Development of a national LLN plan for a particular industry
- Implementation of strategies to encourage/support workplace LLN training across a whole industry sector
- Development and training of nationally applicable models and strategies to integrate LLN in workplace training consistent with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF), preferably with a cross-industry focus.
Who can apply for WELL resource and strategic project funds?
The following groups may apply for WELL Resource and Strategic Project funding:
- Any Australian business that has an Australian Business Number and is currently in operation (including government business enterprises)
- Australian Government agencies and State/Territory government departments and agencies
- Representative bodies (Industry Skills Councils, employer organisations and trade unions)
- Group Training Organisations (GTOs), and
- Registered Training Organisations (RTOs).
Applicants must ensure that the project would not result in the duplication of existing resources or strategies.
Further information is available on the following aspects of WELL Resource and Strategic Projects: