Prime Minister's Prizes for Science
About the Science Prizes
The Prime Minister's Prizes for Science are the nation's finest awards for excellence in science and science teaching. The five prizes awarded annually are:
- Prime Minister's Prize for Science
- Frank Fenner Prize for Life Scientist of the Year
- Malcolm McIntosh Prize for Physical Scientist of the Year
- Prime Minister's Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Primary Schools
- Prime Minister's Prize for Excellence in Science Teaching in Secondary Schools.
Nominations for stage 1 are now open.
- Stage 1 nominations -Closes 5.00 pm, 29 May 2014, Canberra local time
- Stage 2 (final stage) - Open to shortlisted nominees, closes 5.00 pm, 24 July 2014, Canberra local time
- Guidelines - read the guidelines before starting your nomination for the Prime Minister's Prizes for Science
- 2014 Nomination Guidelines - Download a copy of the latest guidelines.
Five prizes are awarded annually, recognising the contributions that our scientists and science teachers are making to Australia's current and future scientific capabilities.